Motorcycle Tires Q & A
Here are few of the frequently asked questions about tires:
1. Why are new tires better? First, new tires are better because it is organic and it decomposes. Second because the older the tire gets, the more it is exposed to outgassing. Outgassing makes the tire brittle.
2. What’s the right tire age? In essence, the principle is the newer the tire the better. However, to make a tire last longer the tire’s age is of lesser importance. But be careful not to buy tires which are over six or seven years old. You will be able to know their date of manufacturing by searching for the three or four-digit number stamped in the tire’s sidewall. For instance, 2101 stands for 21st week of 2001 - which is its manufacturing date.
3. What are size and pressure? Run the bike in the recommended tire pressure. It is so simple. You just have to stick to the manufacturers guidelines. That is the safest and the best thing that you can do. Nevertheless, you can have some deviations depending on your desired performance. Moreover, you have to check tire pressure regularly.
4. What will I do in case of a flat tire? Motorcycle tires swerve from more directions. Unlike car tires, motorcycle tire has only the other tire to prevent it from falling. Thus, the best thing to do in case of a flat tire is to replace it and not just plug it.
5. When is there a need for replacement? It depends. Front tires may still shot even when there is still ample rubber. In fact, they may still look good even if they have gone through considerable heat cycles. They can also cup or scallop when already having uneven surface. This is the best time to replace them.
6. When to buy a tire? Buying tires must be made at reputable motorcycle stores. These stores have already established their names and services. You can also order online. But this remedy is a gamble because it will not guarantee that you will be getting newly manufactured tires. When you buy tires personally, you have the opportunity to choose the freshest tire in the store. You also have the chance to compare prices and quality.
Falken Tyres Articles
Falken Tyres Books